Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Still here, still homeless

Apparently due to heavy traffic to Olympic blogs, I could not log on to post for awhile (and was just too busy after the games as well!)

Importance of finding TRULY "good homes" is stressed at http://localrescue.com/fall04lF.pdf
Local no-kill shelter I contacted told me that most shelters in area are currently full up with homeless cats. PET PARTNERS now seems to only be able to help kitties who already have "forever homes"....

Sent letter to http://www.actorsandothers.com/ both by email and snail mail--still haven't heard back from them. Tried that first as situation is rather lengthy to explain, but may try phoning (when I have time...) to at least see if they might be able come to this area, or know of some other organization I could try for help in keeping local feral cat population from doubling every year!!

Will post if I hear any new info. Also plan to post more on books with cat characters. "Fur" instance, I used to work in atmospheric independent bookstore with resident bookstore cats. Black female was named JUSTINE, after character in Laurence Durrell's "Alexandria Quartet", who I think was likened to a panther.

Actually, I prefer humorous non-fiction books by Larry's animal-loving brother Gerald, such as My Family and Other Animals! (Too bad that bookstore--which opened about forty years ago--closed when owners retired. Wish I could find as good a home for local homeless kitties...)
>^.^<

No comments:

Post a Comment